Sports Sunglasses for Golfers and why it is important
When it comes to sunglasses for Golfers, it is not just about looking cool on the fairways, but what most golfers do not realise is that having the right shades can help improve your performance. More importantly, it gives protection from the harmful Ultraviolet waves and not just for sunny days or on the Costa del Sol!
So why should a golfer buy a sports specific frame over a standard pair of aviator frames or more specifically why a pair of ours.
1. Secure wraparound fit, which ensures the frames do not move when making your swing and no distracting light from the sides while you look up the fairway and stops the wind from blowing into your eyes, particularly on the links courses.
2. Non-slip nose pads, fewer distractions and stops them slipping down the nose when looking down at the ball.
3. Amber lens tint which helps with contrast when looking down the fairways enabling a clearer vision which helps in seeing the balls and the flagpole.
4. The relaxing effect, it is very noticeable when wearing these sunglasses that you become less tense, squinting causes you to tighten up not good when putting. Also unique to our nylon lenses, with better clarity over polycarbonate ensures perfect vision.
5. Comfort, when you are spending a few hours out on the course you need to forget about them.
6. Cancer protection with UVA protection although we hear a lot about this, golfers can be very prone to this given the amount of time they spend outdoors, even under cloudy conditions.
NB The skin around your eyes, including your eyelids is very sensitive to sunlight. And nearly 10% of skin cancers are found near the eyes. Wearing UV-protective wraparound sunglasses with large lenses can not only protect your eyes, but they’ll protect your skin, too.
7. Protection against Pinguecula and Pterygium, These two eye conditions are believed to be directly caused by long-term exposure to UV (ultraviolet) light from the sun and to wind and dust particles whilst outdoors and both conditions involve growths forming on the conjunctiva (the clear covering) of the whites of your eyes and can severely affect your vision.
8. And for those golfers that play in poor low light conditions then there is the yellow light enhancing lenses which brighten and gives the effect of a nice summers day even in the rain!
So if the above has made you want to try a pair then our Sol Invictus with the mirror blue lenses, as these have the amber tint would be the perfect choice as below and our Sol Invictus Sports Sunglasses can be found here
When it comes to sunglasses for sport it is not just the cyclist who need them and although it is obvious in their case, the benefits reach all sports but comfort and lens quality are the deciding factor.
At the end of the day Zach Johnson cannot be wrong!
Also we had a good mention in the PGA magazine in July below or you can read here pages 44-45 - https://issuu.com/thepga/docs/pgaprojuly_issuu
Below is our Golf Ambassador in Spain Ricky Cabello